Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2016

A little bit of everything....

Welcome to my blog! 

This is my first time blogging, so please bear with me while I learn the ins and outs of the blogging world.  

This blog will be a little bit of everything...about me, haha.  Places I've visited or want to visit, restaurants I love or have recently tried, my family, interesting articles I've read...the list is endless.  

But first, some background information regarding yours truly :)

My full name is Luz Andrea.  Luz mean light in Spanish and it is pronounced like 'loose', not 'lose'.  

I once explained the difference in pronunciation to a nice elderly man, who then proceeded to ask me, "well, so how 'loose' are you?".  He was lucky he was old.    

I was born in Colombia, moved to the United States when I was two years old, and have lived in RI ever since.  

I am fluent in Spanish, but can't roll my 'R' if my life depended on it.  Go figure. 

I am the oldest of four siblings, two sisters and one brother to be exact.  

I am married and have a beautiful daughter who keeps me on my toes.

My husband and I began dating when we were 20 years old, and have been married for nine years, so that makes me 29, right? ;) 

We love to travel and eat, so don't be surprised if you get hungry or get the urge to jump on a plane after reading my posts!

And lastly, I am enrolled in the Adult Education Masters Program at URI and absolutely love it!  It has been such a rewarding experience thus far and am so glad that I decided to take the plunge and go back to school after a long absence.  All of my classmates have been wonderful and I have learned so much already.  I truly feel like I am part of an amazing community of practice.  

Luz




11 comments:

  1. Hi Luz,

    I had to laugh out loud when you told the "loose" story, guy was lucky he was old! I'm looking forward to your future posts, great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luz,

    I had to laugh out loud when you told the "loose" story, guy was lucky he was old! I'm looking forward to your future posts, great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rolling R's are tough!
    Nicely done, Luz. We could always fly somewhere for dinner ;)
    Say hi to Albert and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rolling R's are tough!
    Nicely done, Luz. We could always fly somewhere for dinner ;)
    Say hi to Albert and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luz, where do I begin...First, thank you so much for clearing up how to say your name. I won't forget now. With regards to the Spanish, I am jealous. The only thing I can do well is roll my R's, otherwise, no entiendo. I looked that up on Google Translate. I will say, that will be my next goal before I walk my final walk, I will learn another language. I think it's great that you love to eat and travel. I say every day, one of the greatest joys in life is eating. With that said, if it's not great, it won't make it past the lips. I'm a food snob coming from an Italian, Lebanese, English, Scottish background of gourmet chefs kind of makes you that way. Thankfully, I am passing the cooking torch to my 21 year old daughter Emily who is an amazing cook. She, unlike me, grows many of the vegetables we eat, makes goat cheese from fresh goat milk and now we have chickens. We get 3 fresh eggs a day with our girls and I love them. (the chickens) I won't be making soup with them, they have become part of the family. Thanks for sharing. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luz Love your post and honesty. Muir Woods was one of my very favorite places ever. The heart beat in the center of the earth. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luz Love your post and honesty. Muir Woods was one of my very favorite places ever. The heart beat in the center of the earth. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog Luz. Those pictures are terrific!! You have such a lovely family, looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog Luz. Those pictures are terrific!! You have such a lovely family, looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete